About AYA Local Coordinators/International Education Coordinators
If you are a passionate and gregarious individual interested in learning about new cultures and looking to supplement your income within your community, explore our contracted Local Coordinator (LC) position with Academic Year in America (AYA)!
As a Local Coordinator with AYA, you will develop a volunteer host family cluster and foster relationships with area high schools, facilitate host family and student relationships and ensure that they adhere to program regulations. You will also serve as a mentor to international students, organize intercultural experiences in your community to help students integrate and actively promote AYA in your community.
As a Local Coordinator with AYA, you will identify, screen, interview and select safe and appropriate volunteer host families for AYA students, establish strong working relationships with high school administrators to facilitate student enrollment and conduct orientation sessions for host families and students. The average number of students in a new community is four to eight; as you build referral networks among eligible families, your community may grow to include 10 to 15 students.
Additional responsibilities of the Local Coordinator include:
- Ensuring that students are safe through monthly contacts
- Providing support for students, host families and high schools throughout the AYA program year or semester
- Re-placing students with new host families within the same community and high school when necessary
- Networking and generating international student host family referrals and school placement through attending community events, using social media and especially communicating face-to-face with families and high school administrators
- Administer host family and student orientations
- Submitting required paperwork on time, including online monthly reports